- It is what BlueQuartz could have been in 2007 had development not stagnated.
- It is "BlueQuartz" on CentOS 5.8, CentOS-6.3, Scientific Linux 6.3 and then some.
- Has all BlueQuartz updates that accumulated between 2007 and 2009, which never got released or delayed for years.
- Has previously commercial add ons pre-installed, including ...
- Brute Force Login detection and prevention mechanisms (pam_abl)
- Web based Email (5106R)
- GUI to automatically create and remove MySQL users and databases for sites.
- Subdomain management
- Better PHP security management on a per site basis.
- New default skin for the GUI.
- Working vacation messages.
- Updated Dovecot and ProFTPd.
- JSP support already built in with an improved GUI.
- YUM updates are delivered through various mirrors right from the start.
- Is still available free of charge and released under Sun modified BDS license.
- Comes with PHP5 and MySQL5 preinstalled.
- GUI to modify SSHd settings (root access, port, protocols)
- GUI available in English, German, Danish and Japanese.
- Mailman support instead of Majordomo.
- "Site Prefix" that allows to prefix usernames with a 5 character string.
- Better and more flexible "Web Alias" handling.
- Ability to define a start/stop date and time for vacation messages.
- suPHP integration with separate php.ini's for each virtual site.
- BlueOnyx is available as 32-bit version (5106R, 5107R) and 64-bit version (5108R).
Migrating from BlueQuartz to BlueOnyx (and back) is possible through the included CMU (Cobalt Migration Utility).
BlueOnyx server tally:
BlueOnyx is running on more than 24180 (5106R: 18187 + 5107R: 2556 + 5108R: 2753) servers according to our internal tally, which is based on automated YUM update usage counts.